Thursday, October 3, 2013

That is the Smell of Determination

I have gone to the gym every day this week. I didn't really set goals until today. Last night I did not feel like going to the gym at all but ended up doing a really great workout.

Today my goal was to do:

3 miles on the stationary bike
1 mile on the treadmill
30 reps each on all 10 weight machines

So did I do it?

Stationary bike:


GOAL ACHIEVED!!!

Treadmill: (I did a little before the weights and the rest after)



GOAL ACHIEVED!!!

Weight Machines: 



GOAL ACHIEVED!!!

Yep!! I did it!! Even went over by a small amount. I feel good! My knee was KILLING me on the bike but I pushed through and it was fine through the rest of the workout. I am now a hot sweaty mess but I did it and I am proud of that. 

I hopped on the scale this morning and was really frustrated to see that I had gained 4 pounds in the last 2 days. Now normally that would make me want to quit all together, but not this time. I am still going to the gym. I am still eating right. I have never lifted weights before, so I know that I am building muscle (I can tell especially in my biceps) and I know that this is a lengthy process and it's not going to just melt off as soon as I start working out. 

So onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment