Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Goodbye, Florida. It was absolutely AMAZING. I didn't want to come back but real life calls.

Over the 9 days I was on vacation I actually ate pretty well. I was amazed at the healthy foods that were available in the Disney parks. I had salads most of the time with my string cheese and almonds for snacks through the day. I loved that you could bring food into the parks, it was very helpful. The only thing I had a problem with was not eating enough calories as compared to how many I was burning.

I have to say though I must have been doing something right because when I got on the plane to head to Florida I had to fight tooth and nail to get the seatbelt to click in. This morning when I got on the plane I didn't have to fight with it and even had several inches of room left! I looked in the mirror today and can tell I have lost some of my lower abdomen and waist. I was expecting to see the number on the scale go down as well but it said I gained 2 pounds. Going from losing a pound every day to gaining weight was discouraging but I am wondering if it was because of all of the water I drank yesterday, (over 90 ounces, it was HOT) or if it is muscle being built up from walking? Either way I am not going to let it get me down.

Today I went grocery shopping once I got back home and remembered I had nothing to eat in the house. I went on an empty stomach which is usually a bad thing for me but I did really well:

Avocado
Bananas
Broccoli
Seltzer galore (found some Polar flavors that are disappearing soon)
Low carb/low sugar froyo and sorbet to curb my sweet tooth
Rotisserie chicken
92% lean ground chicken
Turkey bacon
Lots of Greek yogurt
Peanuts (dry roasted, unsalted)
Milk

All in all pretty good stuff. So I am going to keep chugging along now that I am back to reality and hope that I can continue losing inches so that I can take my son to Six Flags next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment