Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fell Off Track a Bit

I seemed to all off track for a bit there. I am not sure why, I just started eating badly again. I think it was because I was bored since I was broke and couldn't go anywhere. That is definitely something I have to overcome. I ended up gaining six pounds back (and ended up back in the 300 club) due to my week-long bad diet. In the last few days I have made attempts to correct this and only have 2 pounds until I am back to what I had been.

I hate how hot it had been lately, that doesn't motivate me to go out and walk. Especially when I have Cody. It hasn't cooled down enough at night to go out in the evening and I am not taking munchkin for a walk in the city at night. I did however get out and walk on both of my 15 minute breaks at work when I was in the office the other day. We have a nice campus to walk around and a path that equals a half of a mile. I walked the full path twice and then walked a shortened version once. I am going to do the same tomorrow when I am in the office again. I also eat well when I am at the office because I don't have the urge to snack all day. They have a salad bar in the cafe which makes it easy to eat well. Not enough of a draw for me to want to be back in the office full time (which I can't do anyway)

I have figured out through this process so far that sodium is my enemy. If I go overboard on sodium content for the day I gain water weight. I need to find more ways to cut down on sodium. I have been very aware of how much I am eating and look at the labels on everything. The problem is deli meat. I like to get Subway subs but the sodium content can be a little high depending on what meat I get. I will never get the breakfast sandwiches there again because they have almost 1,900 mg of sodium per sandwich. Their turkey subs are pretty low in sodium so I don't mind eating those.

I enrolled in a challenge for the month of June on MyFitnessPal to help me to stay motivated and push me to keep good eating habits. The goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the month. I had originally set a goal of 10 pounds by June 15th but with my setback and gaining weight in the last week I don't think that is going to be realistic (although you never know). I want to lose 10 pounds per month either way. The challenge has us record our weight, what worked and didn't work for the week, and how we think we can improve for the next week. We shall see how that goes.

I am noticing that my clothes fit better so even though I gained some of the water weight I have still been losing inches. My favorite pajama pants fall off now unless I roll the waist a bit. I am happy that I am falling out of my clothes at this point but sad because I love those pants. I have kept some of my favorite clothes from when I was lighter so that I have motivation to be able to fit into them again. They are hanging in my closet just waiting for me to put on. I have definitely lost inches in my lower abdomen and my butt is disappearing (woo hoo!). I can tell a difference in my face and neck as well.

So here's to getting back on track even though I didn't really fall that badly off of the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment