Friday, March 31, 2017

"Pure Water is the World's First and Foremost Medicine"...But What If You Hate Water?

Total weight loss goal by 4/30/17 - 10 pounds
Weight loss to date - 2 pounds

Yes...I hate water. It makes me feel nauseous when I drink it. I don't know why. I don't care that there is no taste to it, that doesn't bother me. But when I drink it I feel sick all day long. So I have to try really hard to figure out a way to actually drink it because I know the benefits.

I am supposedly supposed to be drinking enough ounces in a day to equal half my body weight. So let's say I was 200 pounds (oh what a nice thought that would be), I would have to drink 100 ounces of water a day. That is so much water. That almost seems like too much. Right now I drink maybe 20-40 ounces per week. That's right...WEEK. Did I mention how much I hate water?

I know I need to drink more of it. I understand that. I am going to give it a good old college try. I am going to start slowly because if I push myself to far too quickly I am going to quit just as quickly. I am going to attempt one 20 ounce bottle per day to start with for a week. From there I will up it to two bottles per day and so on. I am thinking I should invest in getting some anti-nausea medication just in case. So far today I have downed about 10 ounces so I am on track to getting 20 down.

I found today that coffee is going to be difficult. I don't like coffee that much so when I get it I put skim milk and Sweet N Low in it plus whatever flavor shot I am feeling like having that day. After looking at the sugar and carbs that come in whatever type of dairy product I put in there I can see that I will be saving a lot of money by not going to Dunks. I would rather have no coffee at all then drink it with no cream or milk in it. Almond milk still has a lot of sugar in it so that is out as well. Not worth wasting my carbs on when I am only drinking it for the caffeine boost.

Today is my first full day where I am attempting this food lifestyle change. So far it has gone well. I had a little trouble figuring out breakfast because My Fitness Pal was a little iffy with it's omelet info. I finally found something that was low-carb, high protein, and delicious from Chez Vachon:

3 egg omelet with mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and pepperjack cheese
Side of bacon (6 strips extra crispy)

Protein - 43.4 grams
Carbs - 5.5 grams

For lunch I had a repeat of yesterday's lunch which was:

Santa Fe deli turkey
2 hard boiled eggs
Turkey pepperoni

Protein - 45.6 grams
Carbs - 3.3 grams

So I still have 11.2 grams of carbs that I can have for the day but my dinner is not even going to come near that. I am going to have another chicken taco salad left from the other night. I may even treat myself to a Stella Artois with dinner since I will have some carbs left.

Ground chicken with taco seasoning
Baby spinach
Small amount of shredded taco cheese
Salsa Verde

Protein - 31.7 grams
Carbs - 5.4 grams

I found a great recipe for pepperoni and mozzarella stuffed chicken that I am excited to make tomorrow only I will be using a turkey tenderloin instead of chicken. I will have greens (spring mix salad) on the side instead of cooking up veggies.

Sunday is going to be my "cheat day" since that is karaoke night and I like drinking beer on those nights. I will try to stick with Michelob Ultra or Corona Light. I can also have vodka and soda water but if I am going to drink liquor I would rather have sweet drinks which I really shouldn't have because of the sugar and carb content. So beer it is! Wish me luck. Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment