Saturday, April 1, 2017

Did I Really Lose That Much? Probably Not

Total weight to lose by 04/30/17 - 10 pounds
Weight lost to date - 9 pounds

Did I really lose 7 pounds overnight? Most likely not. I am skeptical. Either the scale was wrong four times this morning or I lost a bunch of water weight or something. Still I tend not to believe it. We will see what it says in the morning I am sure but I am not going to get too excited about it just yet.

I did well yesterday and stayed under my goal of 20 grams of carbs per day. I am finding it very difficult to do this however and to be able to sustain this diet long term I may bump it up to 30 grams per day or even 40 until I can really get the hang of this and figure out what the right levels for me are. I don't want to crash and burn like I always do by pushing too hard.

I ended up at 34 grams of carbs today because I decided that cereal was what I wanted for breakfast and it was a whopping 23 carbs. Ugh. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow to get plenty of eggs and turkey bacon for breakfasts in the morning so I don't have to rely on cereal or oatmeal.

Breakfast: Cereal

Protein - 1 gram
Carbs - 23 grams

Lunch: Chicken taco salad (Baby spinach, ground chicken, 1 avocado, salsa verde, Tostitos salsa con queso)

Protein - 21 grams
Carbs - 10 Grams

Dinner: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, three slices of santa fe turkey

Protein - 23 grams
Carbs - 2 grams

I managed to drink an entire bottle of water today and am working on my second now. My goal is one bottle per day for a week. So far so good. Tomorrow I am going to have a full glass of water with every drink that I have and I should have no problem getting my water intake tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my set cheat day but I am going to still eat well during the day so that I have plenty of carbs for beer during karaoke. I am going to visit Chiggy's for breakfast in the morning to have a nice low-carb omelet and some bacon and then I am going to have my leftover lemongrass turkey on spinach with an avocado for lunch. The hard part will be not snacking while I am out getting my nails done and grocery shopping. I will have to buy some almonds or something to eat.

Onward and downward (lower numbers on the scale and my waist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment