Monday, April 3, 2017

Cheat Day (But I am still going to be good)

Weight to lose by 4/30/17 - 10 pounds
Weight loss so far - 5 pounds

I knew Saturday's weigh in was a fluke. That being said, I am still dropping weight! I need to start measuring myself as well once per week to see the inches disappear.

Breakfast: Omelet with peppers, onions, and cheese, side of bacon

Protein - 31 grams
Carbs - 4 grams

They put home fries on my plate but I was able to resist and push them to the side. I will miss potatoes for sure...

I didn't eat again until around 4pm when I was at the Monarchs game. I need some calories so I had a grilled cheese with pepperjack cheese and bacon. There were chips on the side that I also ate. It threw me well over my carbs for the day but it was delicious. That's what cheat days are for right?

After the game I headed out to the bar. I was sad to learn that Corona had 14 grams of carbs in each bottle. I had one. I also drank Michelob Ultra which had 2.6 grams of carbs, a Bud Select which had 3 grams or so, and then I switched to Vodka in Diet Coke (Stoli Vanil in one and Absolut Citron in the other). 0 carbs in both of those so I was happy.

All in all I went over my carbs and felt like I had ruined the last three days but it turned out this morning not to be as bad as I anticipated. I didn't lose any weight but I didn't gain any either. I also only got 2 hours of sleep. If I get more sleep I find I drop more. Tonight lots of sleep will be had.

I had a huge increase in water intake yesterday (70 ounces!) thanks in part to the Brita filter bottle that I bought. I also had a lot of water at the bar. That brings us to today...

No change in weight this morning which surprised me after my carbfest yesterday but it was a pleasant surprise. I focused on continuing with my water intake. I have already started to notice that my face is clearing up and my skin is not as red as usual which is great!

Breakfast: French Toasters cereal (I was a little hungover and very tired so I wasn't really feeling like cooking eggs or anything)

Protein - .8g
Carbs - 17.2g

I still wasn't feeling well around lunchtime so I skipped it.

Dinner: Zoodles, lemongrass turkey, avocado

Protein - 19.8g
Carbs - 6g

I did not eat nearly enough calories today and I know that My Fitness Pal is going to yell at me in a minute when I tell it to complete my diary with only 994 calories in for the day.

On the plus side I have downed 92 ounces of water through the day! I also managed to make a successful grocery store trip. I made sure to carefully inspect the labels and think about the meals that I was planning for the week. I bought zucchini noodles, avocado, turkey hot dogs (0 carbs and a decent amount of protein!), turkey bacon, eggs, low-carb pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, cauliflower rice, mozzarella cheese, cheese sticks (mozz and pepperjack), peach salsa (can't use too much of this since it has some sugar in it). All in all I think I did a pretty good job! Now the trick will be to actually cook what I have in my mind. My freezer is stocked up with turkey and chicken all ready to go.

Tomorrow I will be making a pepperoni and mozzarella stuffed turkey tenderloin in the crockpot. Very low carbs and I am sure it will be filling! I cannot wait!

Lastly I want to sincerely thank everyone who has been supporting me with this over the last few days. I really do want to get healthy and I feel like you can't do that on your own, so thank you everyone for being there. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment