Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A Little Bad Influence Isn't Always a Bad Thing

Weight to lose by 4/30/17 - 10 pounds
Weight loss so far - 11 pounds

It was so gorgeous outside yesterday. The kind of weather that makes you want ice cream. Oh ice cream...something I thought I could no longer have due to the carb content. There is apparently something called Halo Top which I have yet to find that is low carb and has a lot of different flavors. Going to check that out soon. So I made a post on Facebook about wanting ice cream. Got a text later on that night from a friend who said that they were going to ask me to go out for ice cream but with my diet...I called him a bad influence and then told him I would pick him up after dinner. In my defense I don't get to see him much so I wasn't about to say no to hanging out for a while. The ice cream involved was just a bonus. We went out to Goldenrod, had some ice cream, enjoyed some conversation. I felt mildly guilty about eating it but I got a kiddie cup so it wasn't that bad. I still ended up losing another pound.

Even though I called him a "bad influence" it turned out not to be so bad after all. It showed me that I can still have a treat every now and then but if I moderate the amount that I eat it is not going to be the end of the world or ruin all of the progress I have made thus far. So thanks Josh, you aren't such a bad influence after all ;)

Another pound gone, still feeling good. Today my focus is on finding low carb desserts that taste good so that I don't have to worry about cravings. They haven't been so bad honestly!

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with chicken, turkey pepperoni, sharp cheddar

Protein - 39 grams
Carbs - 1 gram

Lunch: Pepperjack cheese stick

Protein - 4 grams
Carbs - 1 gram

Dinner: Salad from Hannaford salad buffet with spring mix, spinach, kale, cheese, hard boiled egg, peppers, broccoli, celery, pepperoni

Protein - 14 grams
Carbs - 3 grams

Dessert: Mississippi Mud ice cream

Protein - Approx. 4 grams
Carbs - Approx 32 grams

So I did go over my carb limit by 7 grams which isn't too horrible. Probably why I still lost a pound.

Water intake - 102 ounces

"I know you're a bad influence...but damn you're fun." -Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment