Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Care For a Spot of Tea?

Weight to lose by 4/30/17 - 10 pounds
Weight loss so far - 5 pounds

Yesterday I realized that without cream, coffee is no good. I don't like the almond milk in it because it is so watery that it doesn't cut the coffee taste. I tried just regular coffee with a flavor shot (the unsweetened kind) and a Sweet N Low. BLAH. I ended up dumping it down the drain. Glad it was only $1.69 through the Dunkins promo! So I was on the hunt for a caffeine alternative. Enter Dunkins iced tea with a blueberry flavor shot and one SNL. Much better! I think I may try raspberry or peach next time.

I am finding it hard to drink the water that I need to drink in the morning because it is cold and honestly...who wants cold water when you are already chilled? Not me! But I sucked it up and drank 88 ounces this morning. I am working on another 32 now and going to try and get one more bottle (32 ounces) in before bed.

While I was making my lunch today I saw a box of Velveeta Shells & Cheese on the shelf (one of my favorites before getting rid of carbs). In looking at it I couldn't believe the small serving size of that (and let's be honest, who really only eats the serving size?) had so many carbs in it. For 4 ounces of that I would be twice my carb limit for the day. Or I could eat an entire day's worth of meals...Hmmm...tough choice. It is crazy to me that even though I thought I didn't have an extremely poor diet...I really did! I was taking in so many carbs a day and not even thinking about it. I am hoping this realization will help me along this journey. I am already excited for some of the meals that I am going to make down the road and have been finding and saving new recipes. My biggest hurdle will be eating at restaurants. But that won't happen for a while so I won't have to worry about it just yet.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 3 strips of turkey bacon, iced tea

Protein - 27 grams
Carbs - 3.8 grams

Lunch: Turkey tenderloin with mozz and turkey pepperoni, 1/2 yellow pepper

Protein - 52.9 grams
Carbs - 7.2 grams

Dinner: Nothing as I am not feeling all that great

Water intake: 120 ounces


No comments:

Post a Comment