Thursday, April 13, 2017

No More "I Can't Have That" - Recipe for an Amazing Dessert Included!

Weight to lose by 4/30/17 - 10 pounds
Weight loss so far - 9 pounds


So remember when I first started this and I said that I was about ready to cry in the store because I couldn't have crackers? Well...crisis averted. I found a low-carb flatbread called lavash bread. Put it in the microwave or the oven and boom, instant crackers. They tasted great with my pub cheese. I have also been finding so many different desserts that I can make to satisfy my sweet tooth that are less than 3 carbs including cheesecake (without the crust of course but I don't like that anyway).

Now I can see that there are many ways around something if I find a food that I can't eat. I can just make it another way. I found something called Carbquick which is like Jiffy Mix only low carb. I can make biscuits or dumplings and have chicken pot pie from the crockpot. Or I can make pancakes. I also have to get almond flour which is much better than processed flour and can be used to make all sorts of things. Tonight I am going to be making low-carb pizzas for Cody and I. I bet it will be delicious.

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet, turkey pepperoni, shredded sharp cheddar

Protein - 34 grams
Carbs - 1 gram

Lunch: Atkins Chocolate Protein Shake

Protein - 15 grams
Carbs - 2 grams

Dinner: Lemon Pepper Chicken & riced veggies

Protein - 27 grams
Carbs - 2 grams

Snack: Homemade crackers and port wine cheese

Protein - 8 grams
Carbs - 5 grams

Dessert - Coconut Lemon Cheesecake Mousse

Protein - 2 grams
Carbs - 1 gram

Totals:

Protein - 86 grams
Carbs - 11 grams

Water intake: 106 ounces

Cheesecake Mousse recipe

1 8 ounce bar of cream cheese (softened to room temp)
1 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
1/2 packet of sugar free Jell-O, any flavor
1/4 cup of hot water

Combine the Jell-O and water and mix until Jell-O is dissolved. Let cool.

Place cream cheese in a bowl and use a mixer to whip it until it is smooth with no lumps. After Jell-O has cooled for a few minutes put in the mixing bowl and whip together with the cream cheese. Slowly add in the whipping cream and continue to whip the mixture until the ingredients are smooth and stiff peaks form. Place in the refrigerator for three hours and then enjoy!

You can use any flavor of Jell-O. Do not use the whole packet, the flavor is too overpowering at that point. Use 3/4 at max. I used lemon this time and put coconut extract in but it was still very lemony. I am going to try the raspberry next time. Top with some whipped cream for a little added sweetness.


No comments:

Post a Comment