Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Want a New Drug, One That Won't Make Me Sick

So I had a visit with my OB today regarding the birth control pill I have been on. It's supposed to be regulating everything, but in fact it's completely screwing with my system. HOWEVER, thanks to the wonderful makers of the NuvaRing, it is the only birth control I can have. I could have the Mirena IUD except that I have no insurance and it costs $1000. Yup, out of the question for now. I wish they would just take everything out and be done with it lol. So I was telling the OB about how I have rearranged my diet, a lot less sugar, no soda, eating healthier foods with more protein, cooking in healthier ways, and yet I am still gaining weight. I told her that I had been working out but I am just too tired at night to do it when I come home from work and cannot go during the day. Until Cody is in school anyway. She told me that my nutritionist and her suspected I was pre-diabetic due to the PCOS and that I needed to regulate that. So I am now on a pill called Metformin. It balances hormones (Which would be fantastic because I cry at EVERYTHING), it helps you to control the insulin output and sugar intake, and helps you to lose weight. So I am on board. I am hoping this will help give my body the push it needs and start to help me on my road to being able to name this Formerly Fat Girl Who Made It In a Skinny World.

Had my interview for the new position today. I may have totally screwed myself, but on the other hand my shift leader may have saved me completely. One answer to a question that gets taken out of context and I could end up losing the position. I clarified and plead my case, and hopefully she will note that. I know that she knows I can do this position, I will be good at it, and I am the right person for it, otherwise I don't think she would have asked me if I would change that answer. So here's to hoping, let's all keep everything crossed that we can. I will hear maybe next week or the week after that.

I guess that is all for now. I am beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment