Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm Gonna Give All My Secrets Away

Not much has changed here. Still trying desperately to eat breakfast, and with my new-found love of fried eggs (in extra virgin olive oil, not butter), I have been doing really well. I eat two and it fills me up until lunch time. Still for the most part being good about eating a turkey sandwich for lunch, although today I had a few crab rangoon (Steve's fault. He knows he can't put that in front of me!) and had pizza for supper. Oh well. One day will not kill me.

I did however take a major step today. I was brought up always having dessert after supper, so when I eat dinner, I automatically am ready for dessert after a while. I went to the vending machine, got a package of Hostess Suzy Q's, and brought them back to my desk. They sat there for a good forty-five minutes. I opened them, took one bite, and then thought to myself "what am I doing?" and threw them right in the trash without a second thought. Yay me!!!! If it were ice cream, that would be a different story all together. But I was really proud of myself for that. You guys may not think that is anything at all, but trust me, to me that is huge. I also thought about going to Rite Aid and getting some Ben and Jerry's after work as well because I am having a Chunky Monkey withdrawal. I turned into the parking lot, and then turned right back out. I don't need to spend the money and I don't need the ice cream, especially this late at night. So I think I have taken two major steps in one day, thinking about what I am eating, and also thinking about my finances. GO ME.

I am still working like a dog, but this transcription job that I have has really made things easier. I make good money doing it, and I don't have to work all hours of the night. They sign on around 8am and they sign off at midnight, so there is no work for me when I get home. I get bored and go to bed instead of staying up until 5am working.

Tomorrow is my interview for the position that I want at work. I will get a laptop and have some opportunity to work from home (probably not a lot, but a few days here and there) and also it is 2 full pay grades higher, so I will be pulling in at least...hang on, have to calculate...almost $300 more per paycheck ($600 more a month!). And that is at their lowest starting salary. If I get paid the lowest starting salary within the competitive market range which is usually what they do, I will be making...gotta get the calculator again...$450 more per paycheck, which would almost be my rent per month!!!! That would be so amazing to be able to pay rent just with the extra that I would be making and have the rest for my other bills. I could start paying off Leon (who has been so patient I can't believe it), can pay off some debt, get my credit score up, and get a better car loan rate to have even more money per month! Honestly, I would love to have an account to set up where I can throw extra money aside for fun things to do with Steve and Cody, like Red Sox games every couple of weeks, or a weekend at the beach or Storyland or something. My parents always used to take us on these amazing vacations and I would love to be able to do that for Cody because those trips were some of the happiest times of my childhood.

Ok. Long post. Sorry. Didn't mean for that. :) I am done ranting and raving now.

Steve, I love you. Thank you for helping me along the way. <3

(I know, ewww, gross, yuck. Lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment