Thursday, July 28, 2011

Eat the Rich

Apparently I need to make the title of this Fat Girl Trying to Make it in a Rich and Skinny World...

Eat healthy? Would love to. $9 for a package of three chicken breasts? Eesh. With as tight of a budget as I have right now, sometimes that just isn't an option. The last time I went shopping I bought a package of three large chicken breasts, a huge package of stew beef that made 5 portions, and a package of 3 giant steaks which will be enough for 6 meals for me or 3 meals for Steve and I. So that is well over a week of meals for about $15 which isn't bad at all when you think about it, but still, sometimes that $15 needs to stretch a lot further. Sometimes I have to opt for a few containers of deli meat, cheese, and a few loaves of bread instead. Ramen is cheap and highly accessible but is awful for you. But then again, living on a tight budget, sometimes the good stuff is out of reach for the moment.

The other day I had a soda and I realized just how long it has been when I took a sip and it tasted funny. I have never in my life not wanted to finish a soda. I am going to put that down as a score 1 for me. I have been drinking tons of seltzer, which 1. is water, and 2. has nothing in it but flavoring and carbonation. No sodium, no sugar, no aspartame. Nothing. And it tastes good! Thank you Polar Beverages and Hannaford Bros. (I raise my can of Hannaford brand raspberry selzter that I am currently ingesting to you) for helping me to kick my soda addiction. Although it's funny, I have kicked the soda and still have not lost anything. Grrr. Have had a lot less heartburn though!

Exercise...yeah. Non-existent at this point. Far too much work to do to make the extra cash I need to keep going. I will get back at it at some point, but taking care of bills is far more important at this point. I told Steve that I was thinking about getting weights that you strap on your arms and feet and wear them while I was doing housework to give me a little bit more exercise when I am doing stuff I normally do anyway.

I have been doing well on eating breakfast. I have had raisin bran the last few days, pancakes and scrambled eggs one day, and today had toast with a piece of cheese and fried (in extra virgin olive oil) eggs on top. It was really really good. A little less salt next time. I put some pepper and cinnamon on top and voila! Yummmm.




I weighed myself yesterday but with the scale I have it's hard to tell if it's right. That is on my shopping list. It appears that I had lost five pounds, but I am sure it will tell a different story if I step on it right now. Let's go see shall we?

...

Yup, back up another two pounds. I can't say I really trust that scale at all. Time for a new one I suppose.

I guess that is all I have for now, time to get back to transcription. At least my fingers are getting exercise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment