Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Suiting Up

So this week I am becoming more and more nervous. I have an interview for a promotion at work. The interview itself is not the part I am worried about, but more my clothes that I will wear for the interview. The person that I will eventually interview with if I make it past the first round is a very professional person, pants suits and such, and I just don't have those. They don't make flattering business casual clothing for fat people. It just doesn't happen. So everything I have in my eyes compared to what she usually wears is just not going to cut it, but that is all I have. I don't have the money to go out and buy one outfit that will be uncomfortable and that I will NEVER wear again, just for one interview, but I am praying that my lack of business style savvy is not going to halt my spot for this position. No matter what I wear, it's either too tight, or too loose. There is not happy medium!! So I am just really nervous about that.

Yesterday was great. Had a really fun time at the Fishercats game with my dad, Steve, and Cody. Skipped breakfast yet again yesterday, had a turkey flatbread for lunch, and nothing for supper, but had a small amount of ice cream when I got home. Tsk Tsk. Today I actually ate breakfast!!! Granted they were pancakes, so it's not like they were super nutritious, but at least I ate something. That is a start. I am about to eat lunch and guess what it's going to be? That's right! Turkey flatbread. And for dinner? You got it, turkey flatbread. Sigh. It's the only thing that is cheap enough where I can buy enough to last quite a while, and has protein and spinach in it so it's pretty healthy. I wish I could get into the swing of making breakfast.

Made a delicious Italian chicken meal for supper the other night, it was fantastic. It was only chicken with Shake N Bake on it, but it was so juicy and delicious. YUM. My next adventure with chicken is going to be a Southwestern Chicken Roulade. (Something featured on Hell's Kitchen that looked amazing). I promised Steve that I would start cooking for him if he moved back in, so I am trying to get the hang of it now and not view it as such a daunting task. So far I have done pretty well. Hopefully I can keep it going.

Well, I am off to eat my healthy lunch now. Depending on if I have work waiting for me at home tonight when I get out of work, I may or may not hit the gym. We shall see. I wish I could type on my laptop while on the treadmill. That would be some awesome multitasking. But right now will bills as far behind as they are, I need to concentrate more on making money. Unfortunately that means I stay just as fat another day, but in the end I would rather have a roof over my head and food for Cody.

No comments:

Post a Comment