Friday, July 1, 2011

A Cut Above The Rest

Finally Blogspot is back up!!! I have a few days to catch up on now.

So this is from 6/29/11

Nope, no gym tonight. Definitely not. As I am sure you have seen already, this morning I tried to cook my own healthy meal instead of going out to eat and wasting money, and this is what I get for it!!





I went to get a George Foreman grill last night to make this steak I had an idea for. Teriyaki Hawaiian steak with grilled pineapples and mandarin oranges, with coconut mashed potatoes and corn on the side. Oh yum. Protein, veggies, and fruits all in one. So today when I went to set the grill up and there was a plastic zip tie on the end of the plug. I didn't have scissors so out came the larger serrated bread knife. Well, the battle of the bread knife and my finger began. Needless to say it ended as Knife: 1, me: Absolute Zero. I just looked at it and went, "Steve, I need to go to the hospital". Lol. Fortunately it did not hurt until they put the Lidocaine in it. Now that the Lido has worn off, I am in a ton of pain, hence why I am writing this with one hand!

We got back and I finished the meal, no sense in wasting good steak!

This is what I came out with and it was delicioso!!!



Here we have a filet of steak marinated in teryaki sauce, Pepsi, triple sec, lemon juice, and some spices. On top of the steak is grilled pineapple and grilled mandarin oranges with almond crumbles. The potatoes are infused with coconut cream instead of milk. And then there's corn. Boring old corn. The dish went over pretty well from what I could see. :)

Went to work and tried to make it through the whole night, but ended up leaving two hours early because it just hurt too much. Leftover dinner was great though! I was bad and bought a Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey, however, I barely ate any of it.

6/30/11

No gym today either. I am a lazy lazy person I guess. Had to get home and do a transcription job and it needed to be in by morning, so I had to stay up until almost 4am finishing that. Good thing I didn't go to the gym or I wouldn't have gotten any sleep. Didn't have the best dinner at work tonight, apples and peanut butter. While it's a great, healthy snack, it's not exactly a meal. But I didn't have time to make a lunch to bring, and I didn't want to go get fast food, so considering the other option, I think I did pretty well. My snacks for the night consisted of Saltine Goldfish, four Twizzlers, and reduced fat Wheat Thins. Not too shabby.

And that brings us to the now, 7/1/11. I will be getting plenty of exercise today! It's time to go pick up my dad's convertible and cruise over to Odiorne Point for a fun day of beach walking, animal picking, and going to the science center. I think it's going to be a great day with a lot of exercise involved. Not to mention I get to take photos along the way!!!

For lunch I am packing turkey and cheese sandwiches with spinach and honey mustard on the side. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment