Thursday, July 14, 2011

On the Back Burner

So I really haven't posted in a while. All my time has been spent working. I am wicked strapped for cash so every little bit of work that I can do is needed. I am tired. I have not been eating well at all. I have been skipping breakfast and most of the time lunch for the last few days. The threat of eviction and everything else has taken over everything. I haven't sleep much either. I am going to hit a breaking point at some point, but hopefully I can get the bills paid before that happens. It sucks, but this is how it has to be for a while. Cody is my first priority which means I need money to get food for him. I will make it through to the other side, always have. If I can manage to land that position I am going for at work things will be much better, much faster. I think I have a good chance, and last night I was given a chance to prove that I can handle heading a department meeting (even though it was only for about five minutes lol) which is one of the responsibilities of this job. There is a bright light in the future, I just need to make it there.

I made the Southwestern Chicken roulade the other day. I was not a fan of it. Steve thought it was pretty good. I am going to tweek it a little. There was bacon and Southwestern rice inside the chicken with bacon, shredded pepper jack cheese, and pico de gallo salsa on top. I liked it except for the rice inside. I am going to give it another go, but next time, just the bacon and the cheese inside of the chicken, and I am going to cook the chicken in taco seasoning with crumbled corn tortilla chips on top. Hopefully that will be a little better.

I have a steak in the freezer and still have yet to decide what to do with it. Hopefully this steak will not end in disaster like the last. (No more stitches for me!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment