Thursday, June 14, 2018

Citrus Rosemary Chicken Recipe and More!

Okay, so I will start with the recipe for this delightful chicken:

1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken tenders or chicken breasts
1 lemon
1 orange
a few sprigs of rosemary
salt and pepper
1/4 cup water

Slice the lemon and the orange. Place the chicken in the pressure cooker and season with salt and pepper, put the slices of citrus on top. Squeeze some lemon juice onto the chicken before completely covering. Pour the 1/4 of a cup of water on top of the chicken. Place the rosemary sprigs on top. Cook on high pressure for 14 minutes. Voila!

So easy, fragrant, and delicious!!

I took a slice of the orange out after cooking and shredded it and put it on top of the chicken. It gave a sweet little kick.

Image may contain: food

Image may contain: food

So now onto the "more". I have been doing really well and I am proud of continuing this for almost a full month now. Tomorrow is my weigh-in so I will see how much I have lost this week. As of last Friday I had lost 9.6 pounds in three weeks. Tomorrow will show my total loss for the entire month. I am actually excited to step on the scale as crazy as that sounds.

I am trying not to weigh myself every day anymore because it is discouraging when the scale goes up. I know that there are a variety of reasons for it, and I know that none are my diet because I have been eating really really well. I have also been adding in a lot more exercise which can pack on some weight due to the inflammation of muscle repair. I did my dumbbell exercises last week, but as an experiment stopped this week to see if I lost more weight. I will resume my dumbbell exercises on Saturday.

On Tuesday I went for a nice mile-long walk on a local trail with my son and his father. It was so great to be out in the fresh air and to have some family time together where we were moving and bettering ourselves. I am hoping that we can do this at least once per week. Monday and Wednesday consisted of YMCA days where I did 2 water aerobics classes on Monday and 1 class on Wednesday plus a little gym time. I am hoping I can keep that up as well as I really don't move as much as I should if I am trying to become healthier.

I am so thankful for the massive amount of support that I have had from my friends and family through this journey so far. It is nice to know I have people in my corner cheering me on. Thank you all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment