Sunday, June 10, 2018

Ups and Downs: Stopping exercise?

I didn't realize it's been almost a week since I wrote anything...

It has been a long week. I gained weight instead of losing even though I stayed under my points every single day last week. I didn't quite understand it but then thought for a minute about what I had done differently between this past week and the week before. Exercise. I did my 8 pound dumbbell routine every single day. I know that the weight gain was most likely gaining muscle and water retention, but it is still discouraging to see that scale go up again. And I know, the scale is not a determining factor on this journey, but it feels so much better when it goes down instead of up.

I am going to experiment this week and take a week off of my dumbbell schedule to see if that makes a difference. If it does, I will only do it every other week instead of every week. I still want to tone and build muscle, but I want to lose weight as well. I become frustrated and discouraged easily so I have to make sure that I am doing what I need to in order to stay on it. I will continue doing cardio and swimming at the YMCA though.

Although it was fun swimming with the kiddo, I found it to be very difficult after about 10 minutes with my shoulder. I just couldn't swim using my right arm. I was trying to race Cody and found that certain strokes were easier than others, but it still hurt. I have to take it easy or else I am going to hurt my shoulder more than it already is and I certainly don't want that!

I have also found that food with sugar alcohols gives me INTENSE stomach pain. I tried HaloTop ice cream this week but due to the sugar alcohols, I think I am going to have to give it up. The two times I have eaten it I have felt like I was being stabbed in the stomach. This also happened when I had sugar free Cool Whip. So, no more sugar alcohols. I will eat things with Stevia or real sugar and simply cut down on how much I eat. Last night I brought the kiddo for ice cream for supper and had a real ice cream. It was delicious and I still dropped three pounds.

1 comment:

  1. Halo Top did the same thing for me too! I recommend Swerve if you want a good sugar substitute without the weird aftertaste. I don’t get a stomach ache, gas, bloating or headaches from Swerve but I definitely did with Halo Top. Also! Depending on how points are counted of ww you can make your own ice cream and sweeten it with swerve and it will taste A-fricken-mazing! Alsoooooo I’ve noticed the day after a real good workout I tend to gain 1-2 lbs but then it will drop after the DOMS go away. So I feel ya there too! You’re doing great don’t get discouraged! It’s a long road for everyone trying to lose weight! I’ve lost 12lbs in 6 months! It’s taken 6 months and I’ve been on a diet and excersise regiment that whole time. Sometimes it seems like a waste and I just want to eat a bag of chips but I feel so much better. So keep your head up! You’re doing great!!!!! You can do this and even with hiccups it’ll be okay in the long run and you can achieve your goals!

    ReplyDelete