Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sometimes Goodbye is a Second Chance

Here we are. Day 1. I picked up my juicer this afternoon and promptly scurried to Market Basket for some vittles. I picked up all of the following for under $20:

Bunch of Kale - Will last at least 4 days
2 heads of cabbage - 4 days at least
6 Apples - 3 days
1 pear - 1 day
2 Cucumbers - 2 days
Bag of celery - 4 days
Green Grapes - 4 days
Carrots - 4 days
6 Kiwi - 6 days
2 Lemons - 2 days

I think that was it, there may have been more but I can't remember.

So this morning my first juice consisted of:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

4 Kale leaves
a handful of grapes
1 Macintosh Apple
4 whole carrots

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. Too much kale.

Then for dinner and late night snackage I used:

3 kale leaves
20 baby carrots
1 kiwi
2 macintosh apples
1 lemon
1 banana
Handful of grapes
4 celery stalks

This time around it was pretty decent. I have found a few recipes that look really tasty, I am going to try one out for breakfast tomorrow.

Today wasn't entirely juice as I didn't get all my goodies until 1pm, I had oatmeal for breakfast with a small cup of 1% milk, and at work finished off the little bit of Cracker Barrel cheddar and reduced fat Wheat Thins that I had. Can't let that cheese go to waste!

Not bad for my first day! I drank a lot of water, the appropriate amount of juice, and I really wasn't hungry at all. Feeling good.

Here are my starting measurements and photos (not excited about putting this stuff up here, but I have to do it in order to look back and see how far I have come)

Starting weight - 284.5
Starting BMI - 42.1
Waist, chest, hips will come later as I don't have a tape measure and Rite Aid was closed for inventory tonight.

I am going to post my stats and photos once a week when I weigh myself in

Beginning photos (these are bad, will take better in a week)

Front:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App


Side:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No comments:

Post a Comment