Monday, April 2, 2012

Getting easier and easier

I have learned a lot over these last 5 days.

1. Veggies taste terrible juiced
2. Cabbage makes me want to throw up
3. Fruits are so much better
4. Slowly mixing veggies in with said fruit is the best way to go
5. Seltzer gives it an extra punch
6. I can do this!

I have already lost 2 inches from my waist! Nothing to sneeze at!!

I am going for 10 pounds by day 7, but with certain things coming this week, I have a little extra water weight going on so we shall see I suppose!

Today my juice consisted of:

1/4 watermelon
1 cup cantelope
1 cup honeydew
2 cups strawberries
2 cups grapes
5 celery stalks
4 kale leaves
20 baby carrots
1 very large cucumber
2 oranges
1 pear
1 macintosh apple
8 ounces ruby red grapefruit seltzer

It tasted great!!! I am slowly adding in more veggies as I go so that I can get the taste down to where it's bearable. :)

I am also adding in 2 caplets of Green Tea extract which helps to burn fat and also is a mood elevator, and 1 caplet of flax seed oil.

I had a ton of energy today, woke up an hour and a half before my alarm and I was up and ready to get juicing. I really look forward to it in the morning.

Before this whole experience, I would let dishes sit in the sink for a while because I just wouldn't feel like doing them. Now however, I have to clean the juicer right away or else it will smell funky, and it is helping me to wash my other dishes as soon as I use them as well.

Today was hard because I went Easter basket shopping for my son. Picking out all this yummy candy for him and not being able to have any is tough, but it's just candy. I will not die without it.

Tomorrow I will be doing a 1 hour Zumba workout with a friend, and also on Friday as well. I am hoping that twice a week can become a routine for me, but I am worried about the cost. I will see how it goes. I was worried about the cost of juicing too, but honestly, it's not that bad. No worse that what I was spending on Subway or other foods every day! And Cody likes the juice too so I can give him some in the morning with breakfast and get him vitamins and minerals in as well.

Now it is off to bed for me. I need to get some rest so I can be up and ready for Zumba and the busy day that follows tomorrow.

Go forth and be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment