Sunday, November 4, 2012

Not what I expected

I have to say, this is a lot easier than I expected...I managed to eat the following today and still stay within my points...

Handful of Honey Roasted Peanuts
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Taco Bell Taco
1 Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich
Chips and salsa
2 Smirnoff Ice
1 serving of Haagen-Dazs Peppermint Bark ice cream

I had to use a few of my allotted extra points for the week for the ice cream tonight, but I have wicked heartburn (my insurance company stopped my med prescription until further notice) and I have no  milk in sight. But I only used 4 of my weekly 49 extra points, so I don't feel so bad.

I was very shocked at the fact that I stayed within my points, and I am not starving at the end of the day. That gives me a shred of hope. The juicing diet had me so hungry I was ready to claw my eyes out. But today I got to eat a meal that I liked, and still was able to stay within my daily allowance.

However, there is another side to this. In looking at what I did eat today, I skipped breakfast which is never good (but I always do because I am not hungry in the morning), and I probably didn't get as much protein and veggies as I should have! Tomorrow for lunch I am having a 99% lean turkey burger with a wheat roll and veggies, with steamed broccoli and cauliflower on the side. I may even make some egg beaters for breakfast with a little new york sharp cheddar. Who knows!

I am excited for my first Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow morning. I hope to meet some new people who can help to motivate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment