Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fell off the proverbial wagon...again

I never realize how long it has been since my last update with these until I go to make a new post. Overtime started at work and any personal time I had to myself went out the window! I have also started a new gig photographing for the club that I frequent, that has been keeping me nice and busy as well. I am loving it in some ways because when I work a lot, it keeps my mind off of things. It also however, keeps me away from being active and eating right.

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday in an attempt to get some motivation and learn how to eat in a healthy manner while controlling portions. I am hoping that going to one or two meetings a week will help me out and give me the motivation and tools that I need to get through this.

My point allotment per day right now is 45 points with a 49 point weekly bonus. Today was my first tracking day. I have 16 points left for the day and don't feel the need to eat anything else. I am happy that I didn't go over the points, especially since I went out to eat for lunch today. I got a grilled chicken sandwich with steamed veggies on the side. It was really really good, but still cost 20 points just for the sandwich alone. Good thing all the sides that I ate were 0 points each with the exception of the 2 small slices of bread that I had before the meal.

I am really going to have to try hard to start cooking more so that I can eat healthier. I can buy prepackaged grilled chicken, but it wouldn't last for long and it is expensive, so I am going to have to start buying and cooking my own chicken. Boo. I hate cooking. I have been looking through the recipes that they offer in the booklets each week, and so far all of them have been very heavily garlic based. I will have to find a way around that and will also have to find some good recipes without meat since I usually don't eat much meat.

So day one, didn't do any exercise, but ate well. Slow and steady right?

No comments:

Post a Comment