Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Going Out to Eat - Thankful for the Tools I Have

Happy Taco Tuesday! That's right, it's that magical time of week when we get to eat tacos because the day of the week starts with the same letter as tacos. I promised Cody that is what we would have for supper tonight, but that also meant trying to figure out what to eat because beef can come with quite a few points depending on how it's prepared. I was thankful for the Weight Watchers app tonight for sure. They have an extensive list of restaurants and they show the points for almost every menu item. I was able to find out that I could have chicken soft tacos fresco at Taco Bell and they were only three points each. So that is what I ordered.

Fresco means that they take out everything that is dairy and replace it with pico de gallo. So there was chicken, lettuce, and pico, plus the taco sauce that I added. I will say this, they were nowhere near as good as the Naked Chicken Chalupa that I REALLY wanted. They weren't as good as regular tacos and I would take the extra few points to have cheese. But they were the better option and I don't feel guilty for eating them for dinner. It is nice to have the information at my fingertips if I do want to go out to eat to make sure that I don't go overboard with points. It is quite helpful. I have not been going out to eat as much lately as I am trying really hard to stay at home and eat healthy which has been saving me a lot of stress and money.

I made a delicious salad (I know, do those two words really go together?!) for lunch today and portioned it out so I can have it for the next two days as well. The strawberry poppyseed dressing that I used was only 1 point and was actually really delicious.

I have been attempting to drink more water through the day as I hardly ever drink liquids. My friend Liz gets on me about it every time she sees me. I cut out soda and have been soda free for 15 days now. Honestly, I don't really miss it. I only drank diet, but that still isn't great for you so I decided to stop drinking it. I have a goal of 60 ounces of water per day which is still less than I should be drinking per day, but it is so much more than I usually have. Baby steps. I have been doing pretty well so far, have met my water intake goal for the last four days. Sunday night I had over 100 ounces of water at the club. That was a little too much. Lol.

My weigh-in day is Friday. I am hoping to have lost 5 pounds by then but even if I stop at what I have already lost this week (3.4 pounds so far), I am not going to get discouraged. Healthy weight loss is around 2 pounds per week so I am still doing well.

I hope everyone had a great day today!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the hard work! I do love the Weightwatcher app... makes it easier to plan meals ahead of time. It's important to plan ahead when eating out - cravings can cause you to splurge on those points. I don't know if you like Buffalo Wild Wings - naked tenders cost me nothing last week! I tend to "go out to eat" for time alone with the hubby, so I try to avoid the stress of figuring out the menu once we are out.

    ReplyDelete