Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Some Sacrifices Must Be Made

Yesterday my son wanted to go to Friendly's for supper. He had been pretty well-behaved for the day and has been doing well in school, so why not? Well, I was sad to find out that I will no longer be eating at Friendly's. There was not a single thing on the menu that I could have without using some serious points. It just wasn't worth it to me. He ate while I gazed longingly at his grilled cheese. Sacrifices have to be made for the end goal, that is just how it's going to have to be.

We got home and I still had 26 points left for the day but it was late and I didn't want to eat anything too packed with sodium or carbs, but I had to eat at least 16 more points to be considered in a "healthy eating zone" for the day. I got a turkey sub with mustard, no mayo, and homemade potato chips with no salt. I didn't eat many of the chips because I didn't want to eat too many carbs, and I picked off some of the bread too. It wasn't the best and not really what I should have eaten that late at night, but I had to eat something. Ended up with 9 points left for the day.

My goal going forward is to make sure that I eat the bulk of my points for breakfast and lunch so I can have a light dinner. I find that I lose more when I don't have a lot of carbs or salt after 4pm so I am going to try and stick to that (except for tonight when there is beer involved). For breakfast this morning I had a few pieces of chicken and some strawberries, worth 0 points. I am going out to lunch and will be having drinks later tonight so I want to make sure I conserve my points.

There is definitely a learning curve with this lifestyle, but so far I am down 10.9 pounds and have lost some of my hips, so I know it's working. I just need to make sure that I stick with it. I also need to find some new things to eat for breakfast because eggs every single morning is getting old quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment