Monday, May 21, 2018

Weight Watchers, a New Journey to a New Me?

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading :) I will try and keep these posts short and sweet but sometimes I ramble.

As you can see from the past posts in this blog and from my Facebook, I have tried and failed, tried and failed, and tried and failed again at trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Why is this time different? It's not honestly. I have the same motivations that I had before. I may fail like I have before. I will have to get back up and dust it off. I need to do this. I am not getting any younger or any healthier.

I have always been heavy. I don't remember a time when I didn't have extra weight on me, even as a kid. I was tortured in school for being an overweight nerd. As you can imagine that leads to a lifetime of low self-esteem, depression, and more weight gain. Coupled with the oh so wonderful disorder called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, I have continued to gain more and more weight through the years. It really spiked after the birth of my son. I think I had post-partum depression but never got it diagnosed. Things spiraled out of control and I ended up over 100 pounds heavier in just a year. My marriage ended and that caused me to spiral even further. So now here I am, weighing 160 pounds more than before I got pregnant. Even then I wasn't at a super healthy weight. I have tried so many times to find something that worked for me to help me lose weight but I always get in my own way or life throws me a curveball that I cannot recover from.

I have said I am ready for this so many times and it has always ended in disaster. So this time I am going to say that I am going to give it the old college try and see where it goes. I joined Weight Watchers the other day after being inspired by one of my friends who has lost 56 pounds since October. The new plan that they have is so much easier to follow, or I am hoping it is. I am sure I will slip at one time or another. I still love pizza, tacos, and ice cream. There is no way around that. I just have to try and portion control my guilt foods. Deprivation never works. Moderation does.

So far I have been cooking healthy dishes for the last three days and drinking a lot more water than I usually do. Exercise will be introduced later, but I really want to get this food plan down first. I have lost 3.4 pounds over the course of three days and I am excited to see what my weigh-in on Friday will be. I am going to try not to weigh myself until then (I tend to weigh myself every day). I will share recipes and photos on the Facebook page that brought you here.

So, yeah...I rambled. I knew it would happen. If you are still reading, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment