Saturday, May 26, 2018

Under-eating and Overheating

I did not do well today. I wasn't able to fall asleep until 4:45am. I am not sure why, probably because it is so hot. I don't sleep well in the heat. I was woken up at quarter to seven by the kiddo, and then again at 8:30 by the cats and that was that. I forgot about breakfast because I was so tired. We had to go out and run some errands and by that time it was already 10am. We did the errands we had to do and then came back home for lunch. I had a bowl of fruit and some shredded chicken which amounted to a whopping 0 points. I had an iced coffee from Dunkins with skim milk, raspberry, and mocha, but that still only came to 6 points.

I didn't drink much water today either, only about 32 ounces. I had a vow renewal to photograph, so we went and did that. I almost passed out on the way back to the car because it was just too hot out and I didn't hydrate properly. My blood sugar was probably at rock bottom too at that point. So I sat in the car for a bit with the AC to cool down. I had 36 points to use for the day so I decided we would go to Cracker Barrel for supper since all I would have at home was a salad that was worth maybe 5 points. I still made sure that I tracked what I ate and that I was conscious of what I was putting in my body.

I ordered the Apple Cranberry BBQ grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and a bowl of fruit. The chicken was 3 points because I only ate half, the mashed potatoes were 3 because I only ate half, the fruit is 0 points. Only 6 points added...still 30 to go. Crap. I ate a biscuit and that added another 7 and had half of a cornbread, which was 3. Okay, another 10 points, only 20 to go. Good thing Cody wanted dessert. We got this campfire Smores thing and it looked delicious but I didn't want to go overboard. We each ate a quarter of it and then I packed the other half to go. I still have 13 points left for the day.

I was going to have some peanut butter or something as a snack but I am not feeling all that well because of the heat, so I guess I am going to end my day under points. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. At least I didn't go over so badly that I used a bunch of weekly points too. I am glad that tomorrow will be cooler so that I will feel a little better. Tonight is going to be a challenge for sleep even though I am exhausted, it's 88 degrees in my room right now. I have an ice pack on my neck, the fan going, and both windows open so hopefully some air will start circulating through soon. Tomorrow I am going to make sure that I eat breakfast so I don't have to scramble to try and eat points at the end of the day. I will make sure to drink a lot more water too.

Stumbling is all a part of the process! On the plus side I am 19 days soda-free and I don't miss it one bit.

I hope everyone is staying cool

No comments:

Post a Comment