Thursday, May 31, 2018

You Had a Bad Day

Yesterday was NOT a good day foodwise. I didn't eat breakfast, I didn't eat lunch, and I hardly ate anything at dinner. I went out to dinner with my son and his father and we decided that we were going to go to Texas Roadhouse. As much as I wanted some of that bread with cinnamon butter, I didn't eat it because I knew it would equal a lot of points. The problem was that I hadn't eaten anything so I should have had it because I needed to eat 41 points! I stayed away though, but it was difficult. I also stayed away from my usual dinner choice of ribs because they tend to be fatty and I knew that would rack up the points as well. Yet again, I should have just eaten it. I ordered a chicken breast with BBQ sauce on the side, mashed potatoes, and fresh veggies. I only ate half of the chicken, didn't put a ton of BBQ on it, had 3/4 of the mashed potatoes, and ate a few carrots and that's it.

I was so hungry when we went out but yet I didn't even get halfway through my meal. I know it sounds dumb, but I think it is because of this app that I have. I downloaded an app where you listen to a track before you go to bed, it's called Lose Weight. It is supposed to use hypnosis to stop you from overindulging in food. As crazy as it sounds, I have not eaten anywhere near the amount of food that I would have normally. Even if it's healthy food, I don't eat that much. I really can't tell if it is the app working or just my mindset that I should be portioning my food, but either way, it is working.

I was set on making today a better day but I still have yet to eat breakfast so it's not going well so far. I am going to have to make something and have a really late breakfast. I will be making a chicken casserole tonight for supper but it's not going to be worth many points so I have to eat something for breakfast and have to eat a good lunch too, or have some snacks. It will take time to find that balance I am sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment